Microsoft 365 for the End-User
About: This 1-day course is designed for information workers who are using or will use Microsoft 365. This course will provide students with the knowledge and skills to efficiently use Microsoft 365 on a day-to-day basis. The course is designed with real world scenarios in mind. Students will learn how to use Outlook Online, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint Online, and OneNote. At the end of this course students will be able to navigate Microsoft 365 and make use of many of the Microsoft 365 applications.
This course is intended for anyone who is using or will use Microsoft 365. The course is also intended for decision makers who are trying to understand the features and benefits of Microsoft 365 and how it can increase employee productivity.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Windows Operating systems
At course completion
- Understand Microsoft 365
- Navigate Microsoft 365
- Use Outlook Online
- Use Teams
- Use SharePoint Online
- Understand OneDrive for Business
- Manage Outlook features, contacts, groups, distribution groups, and calendars
- Use SharePoint Online to collaborate with others, manage documents and site navigation
- Use Teams to collaborate with internal and external contacts
- Create, organize, and manage OneNote notebooks
Module 1: Microsoft 365 Overview
This module will help students understand what Microsoft 365 is and the components that make up Microsoft 365. Students will learn how Microsoft 365 can increase work productivity by allowing them to work when and where they need to.
- Microsoft 365 Overview
- Accessing Microsoft 365
- Managing Microsoft 365 profiles
Module 2: Using Outlook Online
This module describes how to use Outlook Online. Students will learn how to manage their email, create contacts, create groups, manage attachments, create calendar views, and manage Outlook settings.
- Managing email
- Working with attachments
- Working with calendar views
- Managing contacts
- Configuring Outlook Online options
Module 3: Using Teams
This module will introduce students to Teams. Students will learn how to use Teams for chat & calls and meetings.
- Start chats and make calls
- Hide chats, delete messages
- Set up a delegate to take your calls
- Join a Teams meeting
Module 4: Using SharePoint Online
This module introduces students to SharePoint Online. Students will learn how locate and share documents in SharePoint Online. After completing this module students will be able to customize their SharePoint site, search for content, customize workflows in SharePoint Online, and configure list-based information management.
- Working with site content and navigation
- Managing workflows in SharePoint Online
- Implement information management policies
- Search site content
- Customize site navigation
- Manage content approval
Module 5: Using OneDrive for Business and OneNote Online
This module will show students how to create, modify, save, and share documents using OneDrive for Business. Students will learn how to create and open OneNote notebooks and work with OneNote sections and pages and how to add new content to a new OneNote page.
- OneDrive Overview
- OneNote Online Overview
- Create, view, and edit files with OneDrive for Business
- Manage your files with OneDrive for Business
- Create and organize a OneNote notebook
- Take and manage notes
- Locate and share information