Moving to Windows 10
About: This course has been designed for those who want to become more comfortable using the Windows 10 interface and Microsoft 365.
Prerequisites: Basic understanding of Microsoft 365
Duration: 1 Day
The Windows 10 User Interface
- Access Menu
- The Shut Down Menu
- Importance of regularly restarting your computer
The Start Menu
- What are Tiles?
- What are Live Tiles?
- How to View All Apps
- Multitasking with Apps
- How to Switch Between Apps
- What is the Snap Feature?
- How to Use Snap Assist
Search Your Computer
- What is Cortana?
- How to Use the Cortana Voice Commands
- Using the Search Field
- View Notifications
- About Windows 10 Notifications
- What is the Action Center?
- Opening and Closing the Action Center
- How to clear Notifications
- How to Customize Notification Settings
Managing Files and Folders
- The New Ribbon Interface
- The Quick Access Toolbar
- Pinning Locations for Quick Access
- How to View Frequently Visited Websites
- How to View Your Favorites and save to favorites
- How to View Your Reading List and add to it
- Using Reading View
- Creating Web Notes
Updates to Microsoft Office Suite
- Common features that are new
- New features specific to Word
- New features specific to Excel
- New Features in Outlook
- How to Navigate through Mail, Calendars, and tasks
- Manage your mailbox