Course Duration: 0.5 Days
About This Course
This Microsoft First Look Clinic introduces IT Professionals to the new features and capabilities of Windows Server 2016. It’s designed to provide a broad range of knowledge across a broad array of technologies focusing on the pillars Identity, Compute & Networking. No topic is covered fully, but students will finish the clinic with an understanding of the new and improved features and capabilities of Windows Server 2016. This course is based on Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4, and the technologies are subject to change in the final release.
This clinic is intended for IT Professionals who are interested in learning about the new features and functionality in Windows Server 2016. People who are key influencers and technology decision makers in an IT organization will also be interested in attending this clinic and will benefit from gaining early insight into some of the latest technologies included in Windows Server 2016. In general, early adopters of new technology or people looking to gain early insight into new functionality in Windows Server 2016 will benefit from attending this First Look Clinic.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure Windows Server 2012.
- Describe AD DS.
- Manage Active Directory objects.
- Automate Active Directory administration.
- Implement IPv4.
- Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Implement Domain Name System (DNS).
- Implement IPv6.
- Implement local storage.
- Implement file and print services.
- Implement Group Policy.
- Secure Windows servers by using Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Implement server virtualization by using Hyper-V
About Microsoft Official Course On-Demand
MOC On-Demand is an integrated combination of video, text, practical tasks and knowledge tests designed to help IT experts and developers to expand their knowledge about Microsoft technologies.
All Labs within a course can be accessed via the Microsoft Labs Online (MLO) platform. Participants enrolled on a course can start the Labs directly from within a course; they do not need to be set up separately.
System requirements for Skillpipe MOC On-Demand
- current version of Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome™ or Firefox®
- broadband Internet connection (recommended: network bandwidth of over 4Mbps)
- 1280 x 1024 or higher