PL-200T00: Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant
This course will teach you to use Microsoft Power Platform solutions to simplify, automate, and empower business processes for organizations in the role of a Functional Consultant. A Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant is responsible for creating and configuring apps, automations, and solutions. They act as the liaison between users and the implementation team. The functional consultant promotes utilization of solutions within an organization. The functional consultant may perform discovery, engage subject matter experts and stakeholders, capture requirements, and map requirements to features. They implement components of a solution including application enhancements, custom user experiences, system integrations, data conversions, custom process automation, and simple visualizations.
A Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant is responsible for creating and configuring apps, automations, and solutions. They act as the liaison between users and the implementation team. The functional consultant promotes utilization of solutions within an organization. The functional consultant may perform discovery, engage subject matter experts and stakeholders, capture requirements, and map requirements to features. They implement components of a solution including application enhancements, custom user experiences, system integrations, data conversions, custom process automation, and simple visualizations.
Job role: Functional Consultant
MODULE 1: Introduction to Microsoft Power Platform
- Learn the components and features of Microsoft Power Platform
- Identify when to use each Microsoft Power Platform component application to create business solutions
- Understand connectors
- Learn the value of using Microsoft Power Platform to create business solutions
MODULE 2: Create tables in Dataverse
- Create tables with Dataverse
- Import data into a Dataverse database
MODULE 3: Manage tables in Dataverse
- Tables in Dataverse.
- Types of tables that are available in Dataverse.
- Creating a custom table.
- Enabling attachments within a table.
- Which licensing requirements to apply to use each type of table.
MODULE 4: Create and manage columns within a table in Dataverse
- Learn what a column is in Dataverse.
- Learn about the types of columns that are available in Dataverse.
- Add a column to a table.
- Learn what a primary name column is in Dataverse.
- Identify restrictions that are associated with columns.
- Create an auto-numbering column.
- Create an alternate key.
MODULE 5: Create a relationship between tables in Dataverse
- Why you should segment data that is used by your solutions into many tables.
- Why you need to relate one table to another.
- How to build relationships between tables.
- How to select the proper relationship type when you are building solutions with Dataverse.
MODULE 6: Working with choices in Dataverse
- Learn about choices.
- Explore the standard choices.
- Create a new choice or modify an existing one.
MODULE 7: Get started with security roles in Dataverse
- Learn about security roles and apply them to users in an environment.
- Learn how to add users to an environment.
- Understand security concepts in Dataverse
- Identify default security roles.
- Create a custom role.
- Create a custom security role and assign it to entities and users.
- Learn how to configure Dataverse teams for security
- Learn how to configure Dataverse group teams for security
MODULE 8: Use administration options for Dataverse
- Administer Dataverse.
- Identify the different portals that are available for Dataverse.
MODULE 9: Manage Dynamics 365 model-driven app settings and security
- Manage role-based security
- Explore customization functionality and customize themes
MODULE 10: Introduction to Microsoft Power Platform security and governance
- Access Microsoft Power Platform admin experiences.
- Create simple environment and tenant-wide DLP policies.
- Discover and identify the differences between the Business data group and the No-business data group.
- Learn about the differences between out-of-the-box Power Automate Admin experiences and Microsoft Power Platform Center of Excellence toolkit.
MODULE 11: Get started with model-driven apps in Power Apps
- Learn about model-driven app design
- Create a model-driven app
MODULE 12: Configure forms, charts, and dashboards in model-driven apps
- Learn about form elements and controls
- Configure forms
- Use specialized form components
- Use editable grids
- Identify views and use public views
- Learn how to configure charts
- Learn how to configure dashboards
MODULE 13: Get started with Power Apps canvas apps
- Explore how Power Apps can make your business more efficient.
- Learn how to use different technologies to perform different tasks in Power Apps.
- Learn about the different ways to build an app in Power Apps.
- Create your first app from data in an Excel workbook.
MODULE 14: Connect to other data in a Power Apps canvas app
- Understand and use action-based connectors
- Integrate user information and user-profile information into a canvas app
- Use Power Automate with Power Apps
MODULE 15: How to build the UI in a canvas app in Power Apps
- Understand the basics of building the UI through themes, icons, control customization, and images.
- Use personalization in a canvas app
- Understand the differences between the Tablet and Mobile form factors
MODULE 16: Manage apps in Power Apps
- Learn how to view and restore app versions.
- Explore how to share an app, including permissions and notifications.
- Learn about what environments are, how to create them, and how to manage security.
- Find more information about Power Apps.
MODULE 17: Build your first app with Power Apps and Dataverse for Teams
- Create an app by using the hero template.
- Customize and publish your app.
- Install templates.
MODULE 18: Core components of Power Pages
- Identify the capabilities of Power Pages.
- Review the Power Pages site provisioning process.
- Learn about Power Pages core components and tools.
- Discover how to control user access to site content and Dataverse data.
MODULE 19: Explore Power Pages templates
- Identify the scenario-based templates to accelerate creating your site.
- Discover the features of the Dynamics 365 templates.
- Review the generic site design templates designed to solve unique business needs.
- Learn about blank template as a simple starting point to build a site to your exact specifications.
MODULE 20: Access Dataverse in Power Apps portals
- Discover the portal components that are available to display and interact with Dataverse data on the portal.
- Identify the various features of the portal components.
- Display a list of data and an associated drill-down for details.
- Configure a table form to access individual records.
- Trigger classic Dataverse workflows from the portal
MODULE 21: Authentication and user management in Power Apps portals
- Explore common authentication tasks in a Power Apps portal deployment.
- Learn about portal contact extensions.
- Configure and register contacts as portal users.
- Align portal authentication settings with the business requirements.
- Identify authentication provider capabilities and steps that are involved in the registration.
- Select and configure identity providers.
MODULE 22: Power Apps portals maintenance and troubleshooting
- Apply strategies and techniques to troubleshoot portal issues.
- Learn about how the Portal Checker works and how to resolve potential portal issues.
- Perform the portal update process.
MODULE 23: Define and create business rules in Dataverse
- Define business rules in Dataverse.
- Create and manage business rules in Dataverse.
MODULE 24: Get started with Power Automate
- Create a flow that automatically saves email attachments
- Learn how to create a button flow to send yourself a reminder
MODULE 25: Use the Admin center to manage environments and data policies in Power Automate
- Learn about the Admin center
- Learn how to import and export flows
- Learn how to share flows
MODULE 26: Use Dataverse triggers and actions in Power Automate
- Learn about the Dataverse triggers and actions in Power Automate.
- Discover the additional inputs that are available.
MODULE 27: Extend Dataverse with Power Automate
- Build flows with Dataverse.
- Integrate Dataverse with Microsoft Outlook.
- Integrate Dataverse with Microsoft To Do.
MODULE 28: Introduction to expressions in Power Automate
- Use one or more functions to create expressions.
- Use functions to retrieve data, change data, evaluate data, and more.
MODULE 29: Build your first Power Automate for desktop flow
- Learn about Power Automate for desktop flows.
- Learn how to create a new desktop flow.
- Record actions that are performed in the desktop-based Contoso Invoicing application.
- Perform a test run of the new desktop flow.
MODULE 30: Run a Power Automate for desktop flow in unattended mode
- Run a basic desktop flow in unattended mode.
- Run a desktop flow and cloud flow scenario in unattended mode.
- Learn best practices and setup for unattended desktop flows.
MODULE 31: Optimize your business process with process advisor
- Create your first recording.
- Edit recordings and group actions.
- Analyze recordings and interpret results.
MODULE 32: Get started with Power Virtual Agents bots
- Create Power Virtual Agents bots.
- Test Power Virtual Agents bots.
- Analyze performance.
MODULE 33: Enhance Power Virtual Agents bots
- Initiate Power Automate flows directly from topics in your bot.
- Configure bots to pass conversations to applications such as Omnichannel for Customer Service.
- Extract content from support pages and configure it into bot topics that you can use in conversations.
MODULE 34: Manage topics in Power Virtual Agents
- Work with bot topics and branch a topic.
- Use entities in a conversation.
- Use variables across topics.
- Use a fallback topic rather than triggering an escalation.
- Manage a topic status, copy topics, and resolve topic errors.
MODULE 35: Manage Power Virtual Agents
- Create and configure a new bot.
- Set permissions and security.
- Use topics and entities.
- Import and export bots.
- Authenticate users.
MODULE 36: Get started building with Power BI
- Learn how Power BI services and applications work together.
- Explore how Power BI can make your business more efficient.
- Learn how to create compelling visuals and reports.
MODULE 37: Get data with Power BI Desktop
- Explore the data-centric features and tools of Power BI.
- Explore ways to find data.
MODULE 38: Model data in Power BI
- Create relationships between your data sources
- Create a new field with calculated columns
- Optimize data by hiding fields and sorting visualization data
- Create a measure to perform calculations on your data
- Use a calculated table to create a relationship between two tables
- Format time-based data so that you can drill down for more details
MODULE 39: Use visuals in Power BI
- Explore Power BI visuals
- Create visuals
MODULE 40: Explore data in Power BI
- Upload reports
- Create dashboards
- Ask questions of your data
MODULE 41: Publish and share in Power BI
- Publish reports
- Print and export reports
- Build apps
- Integrate with OneDrive
- Publish to the web
MODULE 42: Manage solutions in Power Apps and Power Automate
- Package existing items into a solution.
- Create solutions.
- Edit existing solution-aware apps, flows in a solution.
- Import and export solutions.
- Deploy complex solutions with many components.
- Learn about component dependency on other components.
MODULE 43: Load/export data and create data views in Dataverse
- View data within a table.
- Create or edit views of data in a table.
- Load data into a table.
- Export data from a table.
- Add, update, or delete data in a table by using Excel.
- Import data using Power Query in Maker Portal
- Generate a new dataflow from an Excel Template
- Learn about dataflows and Azure integration
MODULE 44: Get started with AI Builder
- Explore how AI Builder can help improve your business performance.
- Learn how to use different AI technologies to enhance your processes.
- Create your first model.
- Learn how to use your models in Power Apps and Power Automate.
MODULE 45: Manage models in AI Builder
- Learn about the lifecycle of a model.
- Learn how to manage model versions.
- Explore how to share a model, including permissions.
- Get a better understanding of AI Builder.
MODULE 46: Use AI Builder in Power Automate
- Explore how using AI Builder in Power Automate can save you time.
- Learn how to use AI Builder actions in Power Automate.
- Discover advanced AI Builder usage in Power Automate.
- Experience as an IT professional or student
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Power Platform and its key components
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dataverse (or general data modeling) and security concepts