PL-100T00: Microsoft Power Platform App Maker
This 4 day course will teach you how to build apps with low-code techniques to simplify, automate, and transform business tasks and processes using Microsoft Power Platform.
The App Maker builds solutions to simplify, automate, and transform tasks and processes for themselves and their team where they have deep expertise in the solution business domain. They have basic data modeling, user experience design, requirements analysis, and process analysis skills. The App Maker creates and enforces business processes, structures digital collection of information, improves efficiency of repeatable tasks, and automates business processes. The App Maker uses the Maker tools of Power Platform to solve business problems. They may use advanced features of Microsoft apps and third-party productivity tools. The App Maker is aware of the capabilities and limitations of available tools and understands how to apply them. The App Maker is self-directed, and solution focused. They may not have formal IT training but are comfortable using technology to solve business problems with a personal growth mindset. They understand the operational need and have a vision of the desired outcome. They approach problems with phased and iterative strategies.
Job role: Developer
Preparation for exam: PL-100
Module 1: Introduction to Microsoft Power Platform
- Learn the components and features of Microsoft Power Platform
- Identify when to use each Microsoft Power Platform component application to create business solutions
- Understand connectors
- Learn the value of using Microsoft Power Platform to create business solutions
Module 2: How to build your first model-driven app with Dataverse
- Discover the value and key features of Dataverse.
- Learn about the value and key features of model-driven apps.
- Explore sample model-driven template apps.
Module 3: Create tables in Dataverse
- Create tables with Dataverse
- Import data into a Dataverse database
Module 4: Get started with model-driven apps in Power Apps
- Learn about model-driven app design
- Create a model-driven app
Module 5: Create and manage columns within a table in Dataverse
- Learn what a column is in Dataverse.
- Learn about the types of columns that are available in Dataverse.
- Add a column to a table.
- Learn what a primary name column is in Dataverse.
- Identify restrictions that are associated with columns.
- Create an auto-numbering column.
- Create an alternate key.
Module 6: Get started with security roles in Dataverse
- Learn about security roles and apply them to users in an environment.
- Learn how to add users to an environment.
- Understand security concepts in Dataverse
- Identify default security roles.
- Create a custom role.
- Create a custom security role and assign it to entities and users.
- Learn how to configure Dataverse teams for security
- Learn how to configure Dataverse group teams for security
Module 7: Document and test your Power Apps application
- Learn about the different types of test plans and components of a good test plan
- Identify and discuss optimization tools and performance tuning
- Learn about the benefits of documenting your application
Module 8: Get started with Microsoft Dataverse for Teams
- Learn how to build apps, workflows, chatbots, and dashboards.
- Learn how to provision Dataverse for Teams and then create a table for your data.
Module 9: Build your first app with Power Apps and Dataverse for Teams
- Create an app by using the hero template.
- Customize and publish your app.
- Install templates.
Module 10: Create a canvas app in Power Apps
- Learn the basics of Power Apps and how you can use it in your organization.
Module 11: Navigation in a canvas app in Power Apps
- Understand how navigation works in a canvas app
- Use the Navigate and Back functions
- Understand the different ways these functions can be invoked
Module 12: How to build the UI in a canvas app in Power Apps
- Understand the basics of building the UI through themes, icons, control customization, and images.
- Use personalization in a canvas app
- Understand the differences between the Tablet and Mobile form factors
Module 13: Use and understand Controls in a canvas app in Power Apps
- Understand how to use controls in a canvas app
- Use the different types of controls
- Understand how Galleries and Forms related to controls
Module 14: Get started with Power Automate
- Create a flow that automatically saves email attachments
- Learn how to create a button flow to send yourself a reminder
Module 15: Use the Admin center to manage environments and data policies in Power Automate
- Learn about the Admin center
- Learn how to import and export flows
- Learn how to share flows
Module 16: Introduction to Microsoft Power Platform security and governance
- Access Microsoft Power Platform admin experiences.
- Create simple environment and tenant-wide DLP policies.
- Discover and identify the differences between the Business data group and the No-business data group.
- Learn about the differences between out-of-the-box Power Automate Admin experiences and Microsoft Power Platform Center of Excellence toolkit.
Module 17: Build your first workflow with Power Automate and Dataverse for Teams
- Build a flow to respond to changes in Teams.
- Extend an app in Microsoft Power Apps to trigger a flow.
- Schedule a flow to complete routine tasks.
Module 18: Get started building with Power BI
- Learn how Power BI services and applications work together.
- Explore how Power BI can make your business more efficient.
- Learn how to create compelling visuals and reports.
Module 19: Get data with Power BI Desktop
- Explore the data-centric features and tools of Power BI.
- Explore ways to find data.
Module 20: Create reports with Power BI and Dataverse for Teams
- Import a Microsoft Dataverse dataset into Power BI.
- Create a new Power BI report based on the dataset.
- Edit a report.
- Share a report with others in Teams channels, chats, or meetings.
Module 21: Get started with AI Builder
- Explore how AI Builder can help improve your business performance.
- Learn how to use different AI technologies to enhance your processes.
- Create your first model.
- Learn how to use your models in Power Apps and Power Automate.
Module 22: Create a chatbot with Power Virtual Agents and Dataverse for Teams
- Learn how to create a chatbot.
- Discover how the chatbot can call Microsoft Power Automate actions to retrieve data from Dataverse for Teams.
- Publish the chatbot to your team or the whole company.
- Basic data modeling, user experience design, requirements analysis, and process analysis skills.
- A personal growth mindset and are comfortable using technology to solve business problems.
- An understanding of the operational need and have a vision of the desired outcome. They approach problems with phased and iterative strategies.