Microsoft Project 2016: Digging Deeper
Course Duration: 2 Days
About This Course
This Intermediate Microsoft Project 2016: Digging Deeper class takes an in-depth approach to key features of Project 2016 including task entry and linking, resource and resource management, and examining and updating projects. You will learn to efficiently manage projects, create master projects and sub-projects, create and customize visual reports, work with resource pools, and learn about costing.
This course is intended for students who want to start with the basics and learn how to use Microsoft Project 2016.
At Course Completion
- Work with the advanced formatting features of the Gantt chart and network diagrams.
- Create master projects and subprojects in Project 2016.
- Create customized project reports.
- Work with resource pools.
Module 1: Starting a Project from an Existing Project, Excel Workbook, or SharePoint Task List
This module explains how to get started with a project.
- Starting a Project
Module 2: Advanced Methods for Managing Tasks and Resources
This module explains how to use advanced methods for managing tasks and resources.
- Managing Tasks and Resources
- Understanding Elapsed versus Actual Time Settings
- Setting Task Constraints
- Splitting and Delaying Tasks
- Using the Task Inspector
- Analyzing Critical Tasks and Critical Path
- Using Lag Time and Lead Time
- Analyzing Task Assignments
- Using the Team Planner
- Using a Resource Pool and Sharing Resources
- Managing Resource Availability and Pay Rates
Module 3: Managing the Project with Advanced Techniques
This module explains how to manage projects with advanced techniques in Microsoft Project 2016.
- Using Leveling to Solve Resouce Overallocations
- Amending Tasks
- Understanding Baseline and Interim Plans
- Analyzing Project Costs and Creating Budgets
Module 4: Formatting and Customizing Views
This module explains how to format and customize views.
- Customize the Gantt Chart
- Creating a Custom View
- Applying Filters
- Using Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) Codes
Module 5: Reporting
This module explains how to use reporting in Microsoft Project 2016.
- Creating Visual Reports
- Editing Reports
Module 6: Working with Templates
This module explains how to work with templates in Microsoft Project 2016.
- Using Subproject within a Project
- Using the Organizer to Maintain Templates