Word Level 1 – Introduction to Word
About This Course
This Introduction to Microsoft Word training class is designed for students new to working with Microsoft Word in Windows. Students will learn to create, edit, format, and print Microsoft Word documents.
Students who have little or no familiarity with Microsoft Word or more experienced Word users who want to learn the topics covered in this course.
Prerequisites: The prerequisites for this course are an introductory course to Windows or a solid working knowledge of Windows.
At Course Completion
- Learn to create and edit Microsoft Word documents.
- Learn about the Ribbon.
- Learn about the File tab.
- Learn to create new documents and use Word templates.
- Learn to format Word documents.
- Learn to add page numbers, headers and footers, and spell and grammar check documents.
Module 1: Creating a Microsoft Word Document
This module explains how to get started creating Microsoft Word documents.
- Starting a Microsoft Document
- Creating a Document
- Saving a Document
- Importing a File
- The Status Bar
- Closing a Document
- Create a Microsoft Word Document
Module 2: The Ribbon
This module explains how to work with the Ribbon in Microsoft Word.
- The Ribbon
- Exploring the Ribbon
Module 3: The Backstage View (The File Menu)
This module explains how to work with the many features located in the Backstage view.
- Introduction to the Backstage View
- Opening a Document
- New Documents and Word Templates
- Write a Thank You Letter Using a Template Letter
- Configuring Documents to Print
- Print a Document
- Adding Your Name to Microsoft Word
- Adding Values to Document Properties
- Working with Autosaved Versions of Documents
Module 4: The Quick Access Toolbar
This module explains how to work with the Quick Access Toolbar in Microsoft Word.
- Adding Common Commands
- Adding Additional Commands wtih the Customize Dialog Box
- Adding Ribbon Commands and Groups
- Customize the Quick Access Toolbar
Module 5: Formatting Microsoft Word Documents
This module explains how work with formatting in Microsoft Word.
- Selecting Text
- Selecting Fonts
- Working with Lists
- Inserting a Hyperlink in a Document
- Using Styles
- Applying and Creating Custom Styles
- Using Themes
- Using the Ruler
- Using Tabs
- Setting Margins
Module 6: Editing Documents
This module explains how to edit documents in Microsoft Word.
- Find and Replace
- Find and Replace Tips
- Appending Text to a Document
- Using Find and Replace
- Using the Clipboard
Module 7: Finalizing Microsoft Word Documents
This module explains how to use various features to finalize Microsoft Word documents.
- Adding Page Numbers
- Using Headers and Footers
- Checking Spelling and Grammar