Excel Level 1 – Introduction to Excel
Course Duration: 1 Day
About: In this Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2016 training course, students will create and edit basic worksheets and workbooks. This course is designed for students who want to gain the necessary skills to create, edit, format, and print basic Microsoft Excel 2016 worksheets.
This course is intended for students who have little or no familiarity with Microsoft Excel 2016.
Prerequisites: The prerequisites for this course are an introductory course to Windows or a solid working knowledge of Windows.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Create basic worksheets using Microsoft Excel 2016.
- Perform calculations in an Excel worksheet.
- Modify an Excel worksheet.
- Modify the appearance of data within a worksheet.
- Manage Excel workbooks.
- Print the content of an Excel worksheet.
- Learn how to use handy features new in 2016.
Module 1: Creating a Microsoft Excel Workbook
This module explains how to create workbooks in Microsoft Excel.
- Starting Microsoft Excel
- Creating a Workbook
- Saving a Workbook
- The Status Bar
- Adding and Deleting Worksheets
- Copying and Moving Worksheets
- Changing the Order of Worksheets
- Splitting the Worksheet Window
- Closing a Workbook
Module 2: The Ribbon
This module explains how to work with the Ribbon.
- Exploring the Ribbon
Module 3: The Backstage View (The File Menu)
This module explains how to work with the Backstage View aka the File menu.
- Introduction to the Backstage View
- Opening a Workbook
- New Workbooks and Excel Templates
- Printing Worksheets
- Adding Your Name to Microsoft Excel
- Managing Workbook Versions
Module 4: The Quick Access Toolbar
This module explains how to work with the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Adding Common Commands
- Adding Additional Commands with the Customize Dialog Box
- Adding Ribbon Commands or Groups
Module 5: Entering Data in Microsoft Excel Worksheets
This module explains how to how to enter data in Excel worksheets.
- Entering Text
- Expand Data across Columns
- Adding and Deleting Cells
- Adding an Outline
- Adding a Hyperlink
- Add WordArt to a Worksheet
- Using AutoComplete
- Entering Numbers and Dates
- Using the Fill Handle
Module 6: Formatting Microsoft Excel Worksheets
This module explains how to format Excel worksheets.
- Hiding Worksheets
- Adding Color to Worksheet Tabs
- Adding Themes to Workbooks
- Adding a Watermark
- The Font Group
- The Alignment Group
- The Number Group
Module 7: Using Formulas in Microsoft Excel
This module explains how to use formulas in Excel.
- Math Operators and the Order of Operations
- Entering Formulas
- AutoSum (and Other Common Auto-Formulas)
- Copying Formulas and Functions
- Relative, Absolute, and Mixed Cell References
Module 8: Working with Rows and Columns
This module explains how to work with rows and columns.
- Insert lesson titles in a bulleted list.
- Inserting Rows and Columns
- Deleting Rows and Columns
- Transposing Rows and Columns
- Setting Row Height and Column Width
- Hiding and Unhiding Rows and Columns
- Freezing Panes
Module 9: Editing Worksheets
This module explains how to edit worksheets.
- Find and Replace
- Using the Clipboard
- Managing Comments
Module 10: Finalizing Microsoft Excel Worksheets
This module explains how to finalize worksheets.
- Setting Margins
- Setting Page Orientation
- Setting the Print Area
- Print Scaling (Fit Sheet on One Page)
- Printing Headings on Each Page/Repeating Headers and Footers
- Headers and Footers
Module 12: Features New in 2016
This module explains how to use two new features in 2016.
- Tell Me
- Smart Lookup