About This Course
Students in this Intermediate Word 2016 training class should already be able to create, edit, and print Word 2016 documents on Windows. In this Word 2016 class, students will learn advanced formatting, use Word 2016 drawing tools, create and manage tables, and work with column layouts.
This course is intended for students who have basic skills with Microsoft Word 2016 who want to learn intermediate-level skills or students who want to learn the topics covered in this course in the 2016 interface.
At Course Completion
- Learn to use Word 2016's advanced editing tools.
- Learn to work with images, including placing and sizing images, wrapping text around images, and using borders and effects.
- Learn to adjust page orientation and layout.
- Learn to work with columns.
- Learn to work with page and section breaks.
- Learn about document views, using the navigation pane, and viewing multiple windows.
Module 1: Advanced Formatting
This module explains how to work with formatting features in Microsoft Word.
- Shading and Borders
- Exercise: Using Shading and Borders
- Setting Line and Paragraph Spacing
- Changing Styles
- Exercise: Changing Styles
- Paragraph Marks and Other Formatting Symbols
- Exercise: Using Formatting Symbols
Module 2: Working with Tables
This module explains how to work with tables.
- Inserting a Table.
- Exercise: Insert a Table.
- Table Styles
- Exercise: Adding Styles to a Table
- Formatting a Table
- Exercise: Formatting a Table
Module 3: Working with Images
This module explains how work with images in Microsoft Word.
- Inserting Images
- Exercise: Insert an Image into a Microsoft Word Document
- Placing and Sizing Images
- Exercise: Place and Size an Image in a Microsoft Word Document
- Wrapping Text around an Image
- Exercise: Wrapping Test around an Image
- Adjusting Images
- Exercise: Adjusting Images in Microsoft Word
- Borders and Effects
- Exercise: Adding Borders and Effects to Images in Microsoft Word
Module 4: Page Layout
This module explains how to work with page layout options in Microsoft Word.
- Orientation and Paper Size
- Working with Columns
- Exercise: Changing the Page Setup
- Advanced Formatting
- Working with Fields
- Page and Section Brakes
- Exercise: Adding Page and Section Breaks
Module 5: Working with Illustrations
This module explains how to work with illustrations in Microsoft Word.
- Adding and Editing Charts
- Exercise: Working with Charts
- Working with Clip Art
- Exercise: Working with Clip Art
- Using Shapes
- Exercise: Adding Shapes
- Working with SmartArt
- Exercise: Working with SmartArt
- Creating Captions
- Using Building Blocks
- Exercise: Inserting a Building Block in Your Document
Module 6: Viewing Your Documents
This module explains how to use various features to view your documents in Microsoft Word.
- Document Views
- Using the Navigation Pane
- Multiple Windows
- Exercise: Working with Multiple Windows
Module 7: New Features Since 2013
This module explains how to edit PDFs and use live layout and alignment guides, two features new since 2013.
- Editing PDF Documents in Microsoft Word
- Exercise: Editing a PDF in Word
- Using Live Layout and Alignment Guides