Advanced Microsoft Word 2016
About This Course
In this Microsoft Word 2016 training class, students learn advanced techniques, such as working with tables of contents, footnotes, and endnotes, adding comments, tracking changes, comparing and combining documents, creating envelopes and labels, using Mail Merge, and protecting documents. This class is for Word 2016 on Windows.
This course is intended for students who have intermediate skills with Microsoft Word 2016 who want to learn more advanced skills or students who want to learn the topics covered in this course in the 2016 interface..
- At Course Completion
- Work with tables of contents.
- Work with footnotes and endnotes.
- Insert bibliographies and indexes.
- Use comments.
- Use track changes including accepting and rejecting changes.
- Compare and combine documents.
- Use Mail Merge and create envelopes and labels.
- Protect documents.
- Use bookmarks, add watermarks, and customize the Ribbon.
Module 1: Working with Long Documents
This module explains how use Microsoft Word’s features to get the most out of working with longer documents.
- Adding a Table of Contents
- Updating a Table of Contents
- Deleting the Table of Contents
- Exercise: Insert and Update a Table of Contents
- Footnotes and Endnotes
- Exercise: Working with Footnotes
- Inserting Citations and a Bibliography
- Exercise: Insert Citations and a Bibliography
- Adding an Index
- Exercise: Inserting an Index
- Inserting a Table of Figures
- Inserting and Updating a Table of Authorities
- Creating an Outline
Module 2: Review and Collaborating on Documents
This module explains how to review and collaborate on documents with others.
- Adding Comments
- Exercise: Adding Comments to a Document
- Tracking Changes
- Exercise: Tracking Changes
- Viewing Changes, Additions, and Comments
- Exercise: Viewing Markup
- Accepting and Rejecting Changes
- Exercise: Accepting and Rejecting Changes
3: Comparing and Combining Documents
This module explains how compare and combine documents in Microsoft Word.
- Comparing Documents
- Exercise: Comparing Documents
- Combining Documents
- Exercise: Combining Documents
Module 4: Managing Mailings
This module explains how manage mailings using Microsoft Word.
- Creating Envelopes and Labels
- Exercise: Printing an Envelope
- Using Mail Merge
- Exercise: Using Mail Merge
Module 5: Protecting Documents
This module explains how to use Microsoft Word features to protect documents.
- Making Microsoft Word Documents Read Only
- Password Protect Word Documents
- Removing Metadata from Files
- Restrict Formatting and Editing
- Exercise: Protecting a Document
Module 6: Random Useful Items
This module explains how to use various Microsoft Word features to enhance your use of the program.
- Add bookmarks to a document and use them to jump around a document.
- Add watermarks to a Microsoft Word document.
- Add titles to sections.
- Insert built-in fields.
- Use the Go To feature.
- Customize the ribbon.
- Prepare a document for internatiolization and accessibility.
Module 7: New Features as of 2013
This module explains how to use the Cloud and Resume Reading feature, new since 2016.
- Using the Cloud
- Exercise: Using the Cloud
- Resume Reading Feature
Module 8: New Features in Word 2016
This module explains how to use features new in Word 2016.
- Ink Equations
- Version History
- Shape Formatting