Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint 2016
Course Duration: 1 Day
About This Course
This Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 training class is for PowerPoint 2016 users who want to build upon their basic skills.
This course is intended for students who have basic skills with Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 who want to learn advanced-level skills or students who want to learn the topics covered in this course in the 2016 interface.
Prerequisites: The prerequisites for this course are an introductory course to PowerPoint or equivalent knowledge.
At Course Completion
- Create customized presentations with templates.
- Add special effects.
- Use the slide, notes, and handout masters.
- Create, edit, and import charts.
- Manage hyperlinks.
- Create custom shows.
- Secure and share presentations.
Module 1: Customizing Presentations
This module explains how to customize your presentations by adding backgrounds, themes, and other elements to help them stand out and to deliver the right message to your audience.
- Applying a Theme
- Applying a Background Style
- Adding a Footer
- Arranging and Printing Sections
- Customizing Your Presentation
Module 2: Presentation Masters
This module explains how to work with presentation masters in Microsoft PowerPoint 2016.
- Working with the Slide Master
- Slide Layouts
- Formatting Slide Masters and Layouts
- Adding a Watermark to Your Presentation
- Adding Slide Numbers Using the Slide Master
- Inserting a New Slide Master
- Preserving a Slide Master
- Modifying the Notes Master
- Modifying the Handout Master
- Adding a Header and Footer to Notes and Handouts
- Using the Slide Master
Module 3: Working with Special Effects
This module explains how to work with special effects in Microsoft PowerPoint 2016.
- Animating Text and Objects
- Working with the Animation Painter
- Setting Animation Timing
- Animating a Chart
- Applying Special Effects to a Presentation
Module 4: Using SmartArt
This module explains how to work with SmartArt in Microsoft PowerPoint 2016.
- Inserting SmartArt Graphics
- Modifying Smart Art Graphics
- Resizing/Repositioning a SmartArt Object
- Inserting Text into a SmartArt Object
- Formatting Text in a SmartArt Object
- Adding Shapes to a SmartArt Object
- Ungrouping SmartArt Objects
- Working with SmartArt
Module 5: Multimedia
This module explains how to work with multimedia features in Microsoft PowerPoint 2016.
- Creating a Photo Album
- Adding Captions
- Applying a Theme to Your Album
- Customizing an Album
- Creating and Modifying a Photo Album
- Inserting Sounds and Video
- Editing Media Clips
- Adding Video to a Presentation
Module 6: Setting Up the Slide Show
This module explains how to work with slide shows in Microsoft PowerPoint 2016.
- Setting Up a Custom Show
- Creating a Hyperlink
- Adding an Action Button
- Jumping to Another Presentation
- Presenting a Custom Show
- Using Rehearse Timings
- Navigating within a Slide Show
- Annotating a Presentation
- Creating a Presenter-Independent Slide Show
- Setting Up a Slide Show to Repeat Automatically
- Preparing the Slide Show
Module 7: Outlines and Slides
This module explains how to work with outlines and slides in Microsoft PowerPoint 2016.
- Exporting Notes and Handouts to Word
- Exporting an Outline to Word
- Saving a Presentation as an Outline
- Exporting an Outline to Word
Module 8: Managing Multiple Presentations
This module explains how manage multiple presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint 2016.
- Merging Multiple Presentations
- Reusing Slides from Other Presentations
- Viewing Multiple Presentations
- Tracking Changes in PowerPoint
- Reviewing Changes in PowerPoint
Module 9: Sharing and Securing a Presentation
This module explains how to share and secure a presentation.
- Sharing a Presentation with a Remote Audience
- Embedding the Fonts in a Presentation
- Inspecting the Presentation
- Packaging a Presentation for CD
- Using the Power Point Viewer
- Encrypting a Presentation
- Adding a Digital Signature
- Marking a Presentation as Final
- Granting Permissions
- Compressing Pictures
- Sending a Presentation in PDF format
Module 10: Features New since PowerPoint 2013
This module explains how to use PowerPoint comments, motions paths, and the eye dropper.
- Using Comments
- Exercise: Using the Comments Feature
- Motion Path Changes
- Creating Custom Color with the Eyedropper
Module 11: New Features in PowerPoint 2016
This module explains how to use the Merge Shapes and Ink Equation features.
- Merging Shapes
- Exercise: Merging Shapes
- Ink Equation
Module 12: Cloud
This module explains how to use the cloud in PowerPoint.
- Using the Cloud