Using Office 365 With Dynamics 365
Course Duration: 1 Day
About: This course is intended for business users and knowledge workers in a variety of roles and fields who have been working in a desktop-based installation of the Microsoft Office productivity suite and are now using Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement and Office 365.
Audience profile: Students who are regular users of Dynamics 365 and have a strong understanding of the Office Productivity Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, OneNote).
Prerequisites: Intermediate level of Microsoft Office Suite and basic understanding of using Office 365 web applications.
Excel with Dynamics 365
- Using Excel online, from within Dynamics 365.
- Analyze data using Excel Online
- Using Excel to view your reports
Word with Dynamics 365
- Using the word templates available in Dynamics 365
- Using Word templates to allow you to design the layout of a document, as you would when using the usual Microsoft Office Word.
- Merging customer data into word template to create summaries.
Outlook with Dynamics 365
- Track your emails with ease.
- View information about sales activities
- Create new Dynamics records from Outlook.
- Create activity lists in response to emails which are automatically scheduled as tasks and added to the customer record.
- Log your sales activities from within Outlook Calendar
SharePoint with Dynamics 365
- Sourcing customer data from SharePoint
- Attaching customer data to a customer record
- Using the document management capabilities of Microsoft’ SharePoint from within Dynamics 365
- See calendars and shared docs
- Collaborate with users outside your organization and even share documents externally.
OneNote with Dynamics 365
- Make and edit notes within an activity wall record, both on the web application and Mobile apps, for selected entities.
- Promptly capture, organize and store notes and images on any device by connecting them to Dynamics 365.
- Sync Notes. Never lose a piece of information about a customer. Record text, photos, voice, spreadsheets and even handwritten notes. Access them directly from the customer record.
- Mobile. Take notes on the move. Dynamics 365 will connect these to the customer record.
Dynamics 365 for Microsoft Teams Integration
- Access Dynamics 365 records by adding a Dynamics 365 tab into the Teams channel.
- Collaborate at a large scale not only on a single Dynamics 365 record (like a sales opportunity), but also on multiple records with a Dynamics 365 view.
- Use Microsoft Teams integration to seamlessly collaborate on documents between Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Teams.
- Collaborate on a set of records using Teams conversation.
Note that this integration is only available for Dynamics 365 Online deployments and requires SharePoint integration.